A twist on a childhood classic. Oat bars made with creamy peanut butter, raspberry jam and old fashioned oat. So good you wont miss the bread.
It’s National Peanut Butter and Jelly day and the peanut butter lovers in us has to celebrate. Peanut butter is a staple in our house, unfortunately my kids do not eat sandwiches. As a bread maker this makes me so sad, oh well more for the adults! So instead of the classic sandwich we whipped up these PB&J bars for a snack.
About the jam: Every year we love to go berry picking in the summer. The area we live in is filled with all type of berry farms. One day I hope to grow enough of my own for the year, but for now it has been a fun tradition. This year we brought home so many raspberries I decided to make a bunch of freezer jam and we are still using it today. There is nothing like fresh homemade jam. I hope to share that with you this summer.
These bars are super simple, do not require a lot of ingredients and zero baking.
Here is how to make Peanut Butter and Jam Bars:
Take a 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
First in a large bowl add in the oats and Rice Krispie cereal.
In a small saucepan add the butter, honey, peanut butter, salt and vanilla extract.
Over medium heat cook until the butter is melted, it’s creamy and starts to bubble.
Add the melted mixture and jam in with the oats and fold to combine.
Add the oat mixture into the pan and press to compact.
Tip: I like to cut a small piece of parchment paper to help press the bars. Using just your hand or the back of a spatula works as well.
Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Remove from pan and cut into bar sizes. Store in an air tight container in the fridge up to a week.
My daughter approves of the recipe and says she prefers them over the sandwiches. If you make these I would love to hear what your kids think.
- 2.5 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Jam (Raspberry was our choice)
- Take a 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- First in a large bowl add in the oats and Rice Krispie cereal.
- In a small saucepan add the butter, honey, peanut butter, salt and vanilla extract.
- Melt over medium heat until the butter has melted and is creamy.
- Add the melted mixture and jam in with the oats and fold to combine.
- Add the oat mixture into the pan and press to compact.
- I like to cut a small piece of parchment paper to help press the bars.
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove and cut into bar sizes
- Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator up to a week.
Other Recipes you May Enjoy
- How to Grow Onions and Everything you Need to Know
- Sourdough Starter Breakfast Bites
- Dutch Oven Potatoes