Strawberry Rhubarb Smoothie
This strawberry rhubarb smoothie will surprise and delight you. The tartness of rhubarb, paired with the sweetness of strawberries, honey and yogurt gives you a drinkable, healthy version of a strawberry rhubarb crumble.
Servings: 1 Smoothie
- 4 Ounces Oat Milk
- ¼ Cup Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 4-5 Large Strawberries about 5oz Frozen if possible
- ½ Cup Diced Rhubarb Frozen if possible
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Add all ingredients into the jar of a blender in the order they are listed.
Place the lid on and run for 60-90 seconds (or smoothie setting) until smooth and creamy.
Pour in a glass and enjoy!
If you want your smoothie to turn out like a strawberry rhubarb crumble, don't skip on the oat milk or vanilla yogurt. These two things really help give it the classic flavor and also help balance out the tartness of the rhubarb.
It calls for both frozen strawberries and rhubarb which is recommended. If you can, make sure at least one is frozen.
If you would like to use both fresh fruits right form the garden, consider adding in some ice to help make it colder.
- Milk - Oat milk is critical to achieve the right taste but it can easily be substituted with coconut, almond or regular milk.
- Greek Yogurt - Vanilla Greek Yogurt can be used in place of regular yogurt but the taste will be a bit more tart. The regular yogurt helps balance out the tartness of the rhubarb.
- Milk Shake - This easily could be made into a milkshake. Just add in a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead of the yogurt.
- Protein Shake - Add in a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein to give it a boost.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 495mg | Iron: 1mg