Start your morning off with this peach banana smoothie bowl. A smoothie made with frozen peaches and banana, which is a great breakfast on the go. If you are enjoying this at home, step it up a notch, and top it with your favorite granola, nuts, and seeds.
Smoothies are my favorite way to start my day. They are very easy to make, you can use all kinds of fresh ingredients. I love to use all kinds of frozen fruit in my smoothies. Typically just berries but if I can get my hands on some fresh peaches I buy in bulk, freeze and use them for my favorite smoothie bowl.
I then top with some fresh peaches (because too many peaches is not a thing), granola, and whatever nuts and seeds we have lying around.
If you are using a high-power blender, such as a BlendTec, the order of ingredients matters. Start with your liquids and lighter items and add the heavier and frozen stuff at the end. The weight of the frozen fruit will assist with the blending process.
The best way to freeze fresh peaches is to first cut in slices and lay out on parchment paper. Place in the freezer for about 6 hours or until they are frozen. Break up and put in a freezer bag or container for storage. Freezing flat on parchment paper first will prevent them from all sticking together creating just one big ball of peach slices.
For this smoothie bowl, I like to pulse some almonds in my blender first and then toast in a small saucepan over medium heat while I prepare the smoothie. Just watch and move them around so they don't burn.
Love Smoothies? Check out my Beet and Blueberry Smoothie as well.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Peach Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 8 oz Almond Milk
- ⅓ Cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 Frozen Peach In Slices
- Slivered or Chopped Almonds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Fresh Peach Slices
- Start with toasting the almonds if desired. I like to take whole almonds and pulse them to small pieces in the blender first. Then put in small pan and toast over medium heat. Make sure to move them around so they don't burn to the pan.
- While the almonds are toasting start the smoothie.
- Place the ingredients in the blender in order starting with your liquid and yogurt first and finishing with the banana and then the frozen peaches.
- Blend and pour in a bowl.
- Add toppings and enjoy!