This mango pineapple salsa recipe is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and fresh flavors. Pair it with shrimp, grilled fish, or chicken, or just have it as a side at your next BBQ or taco bar. This is one you will make over and over again.
One great way to start cooking more from home and eliminating store-bought processed foods is putting together your own salsa.
Usually, salsas are very simple to make, use fresh ingredients, have zero added sugar, and taste much better and fresher than anything you can buy.
This holds true with this mango pineapple salsa. The sweetness of the mangos combined with the tartness of the pineapple then finished off with the freshness of the limes, cilantro, and red pepper truly makes this salsa stand out.
The two fruits also go really well together in a smoothie. Check out my mango pineapple smoothie.
This is a great recipe to quickly put together and is widely versatile. While it can be eaten on its own, this tropical salsa can also be paired with different fish, shrimp, chicken, or pork dishes.
Once you try this fresh pineapple mango salsa, it will become a new summer staple. Another favorite salsa of ours is this Roasted Tomatillo Green Chili Salsa.
⭐️Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Just dice the ingredients and mix everything together.
- Tons of fresh produce: This salsa is loaded with fresh fruit, cilantro and other produce.
- Perfect for a BBQ: This pineapple mango salsa goes great on all kinds of grilled meats. Top it on a salmon, chicken or even shrimp.
- Goes great on tacos: Make this salsa for your next fish or chicken tacos.
- Great summer time recipe: It's light, full of fresh foods.
- Makes a great dip: Instead of serving on a main course just enjoy on it's own as a dip.
🥭Ingredients and Variations
Fresh Mangos: The star of this dish is the mango. Learn how to dice a mango to get those perfect chunks. When looking for a ripe mango it should be slightly soft to the touch but still firm. If the mango is very firm, wait a few days before using it.
Frozen Mangoes: Frozen can be used in place of fresh. Just allow the fruit to thaw before making. Learn how to freeze mangoes.
Fresh Lime Juice: Use fresh lime juice if possible in the salsa. Concentrate will just not turn out the same.
Spicy - Make it a spicy pineapple mango salsa by adding in a finely diced jalapeño and a little bit of cayenne to give it a kick.
Grilled: Want more of those BBQ flavors in this salsa? Consider grilling the mango and the pineapple before dicing it up.
See full information on ingredients and quantities in the recipe card.
This mango pineapple salsa is really simple to make. Dicing all the produce is what takes the most time.
Step 1: Start off by dicing the mango into small, bite sized pieces. About ¼-1/2". (Image 1). Learn how to perfectly dice a mango.
Step 2: Then dice the pineapple, bell pepper, red onion and cilantro. (Image 2).
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl add mango, pineapple, cilantro, red onion, and red pepper. Mix until combined. (Image 3).
Step 4: Add in lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and chili powder. Mix well. (Image 4).
💡Top Tip: While mixing, I tend to mash up the fruit a bit. This will help extract some of those juices and break up the bigger pieces.
If time allows, place in the refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Once chilled place on top on some shrimp tacos, a grilled chicken breast, or pork chops, or just have it as a side dish with a bowl of tortilla chips.
While this salsa can really be enjoyed as a side on its own with some chips, here are some other ways to serve it:
- On fish or shrimp tacos
- Grilled chicken
- With salmon or other fish
- Grilled Pork
This salsa is loaded with mangoes, pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. It is also seasoned with salt, cumin and chili powder.
If you are unable to find fresh mangoes either canned or frozen will also work.
It sure can! While it might lose a little of its texture, this salsa can easily be frozen in an air-tight container and be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.
☀️Other Summer Recipes
Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 3 Mangos - Diced into ¼" cubes. 4 Cups
- ½ Pineapple - Diced into ¼" cubes. 2 Cups
- ¼ Red Onion - Finely Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Diced into small pieces
- ¼ Cup Cilantro - Chopped up
- Juice from 1 Lime - Can do 2 if smaller.
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Pressed or mninced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno - Diced
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne
- Start off by dicing the mango into small, bite sized pieces. About ¼-1/2. Learn how to perfectly dice that mango.
- Then dice the pineapple, bell pepper, red onion and cilantro
- In a large mixing bowl add mango, pineapple, cilantro, red onion, and red pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add in lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and chili powder. Mix well.
- If time allows, chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve give it a good stir to mix up all the juices.