Fresh watermelon salad full of blueberries, lime and fresh mint. Perfect for that summer get together or simply a backyard snack.
It’s officially watermelon season over here. I don’t mean just any watermelons. I’m talking about the ones that are dark red, crisp and juicy. I feel like the first few rounds of the season are always so disappointing so we were patient this year and it paid off.
One thing I love to make all summer long is this salad. Its perfect for BBQ’s, potlucks or just a snack after playing in the water all day in the sun. We also grow fresh mint so that is never in short supply. This salad is our summer staple.
Want to grow blueberries of your very own? I would love to help get you started with your very own blueberry garden. Just imagine having fresh homegrown blueberries out your backdoor every summer.
- 1 Small Watermelon If using a larger one use only half or double the rest of the ingredients if using a full.
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and dice into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. About 1" pieces
- Finely dice the mint leaves and add to the bowl of watermelon.
- Add in the blueberries, lime juice and salt.
- Toss everything to combine.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours prior to serving.
- Taste and add in more lime and mint as needed.