Looking for a good, fresh spread to lather on your morning sourdough bagel or to use as a dip?This veggie cream cheese mix is it!
Start off by finally dicing fresh produce then mixing with some cream cheese and chill to bring all the flavors together.
It really is that simple and a great way to elevate some basic cream cheese.
- Cream Cheese: Use a softened 8oz block of cream cheese. I like to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before making.
- Fresh Veggies: Use fresh carrots, celery, red onion and parsley. You can also mix it up and add in a jalapeño to make it spicy.
See full information on ingredients and quantities in the recipe card.
🔪How To Make It
About 30 minutes before making take out the cream cheese and allow it to slightly soften.
Start off by dicing the carrots, celery, parsley and red onion and place in a food processor.
Pulse until the veggies are minced into fine pieces.
Add in the cream cheese, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
Continue to pulse until the cream cheese is fully incorporated. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
🥗Ways to Serve
Use this veggie cream cheese mix as a spread or dip. Goes great with so many different things. Here are a few ideas:
The base of a vegetable cream cheese is cream cheese and either sour cream or Greek Yogurt.
Vegetable cream cheese is a mix of savory, fresh, and creamy. The fresh veggies give a fresh taste while the onion and cream cheese offer more savory notes. All brought together in a cream cheese mix.
Since the base of this is cream cheese it will not hold up well to freezing. While it can be frozen it might change the texture and consistency.
👩🍳Other Dip Recipes
Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese - Softened and cut into chunks
- ½ Cup Diced Carrots - 1-2 depending on size
- ½ Cup Diced Celery - 2-3 depending on size
- ¼ Cup Diced Red Onion - About ¼ of an onion
- ¼ Cup Parsley Leaves Packed
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt - Add more as needed
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- About 30 minutes before making, take out the cream cheese and allow it to slightly soften.
- Start off by dicing the carrots, celery, parsley and red onion and place in a food processor.
- Pulse until the veggies are minced into fine pieces.
- Add in the cream cheese chunks, salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Continue to pulse until the cream cheese is fully incorporated. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.